Bealtaine - Experience a Week in The Real Ireland
Are you ready for a unique, off the tourist map, real Ireland experience? Join us this May in the Irish Heartlands
- Tour Details
The Hill of Uisneach , one of the most sacred and historic sanctuaries in Ireland is the location of the first great Beltane bonfire to be lit in Ireland. In ancient times, all of Ireland would be dark on the eve of Beltane and when the great bonfire was lit on Uisneach Hill, it was visible to over a quarter of Ireland. Then as the fires were seen from far away more fires would be lit on the the surrounding hills, and then an outer ring would be lit on the coasts. Remember to look outward after the bonfire is lit and you will still see the other fires lit along the surrounding hills.
We only offer this tour once per year. The week features unique experiences and is focused on Ireland's ancient and mythological past along with a few contemporary sites and activities included. Our primary focus of course, is the Hill of Uisneach, where the Bealtaine ceremonies will take place, although there is much more to explore, all revolving around alignments with Uisneach. The royal seats of Ireland's four provinces all have precise alignments with then mythical fifth province. The tour visits these sites and explores the alignments so important to the ancient people of Ireland.
An Authentic Local Experience
Journey to the sacred center of Ancient Ireland as we celebrate the annual fire festival of Beltane on The Hill of Uisneach. Enjoy food, music, meet lots of friendly locals, and immerse yourself on a journey back in time for an authentic experience to the real Ireland of an ancient past we've long forgotten, but a past that remembers us well!
Experience the heart of Dublin and Galway - two of Ireland's most vibrant cities
An Authentic Local Experience
- Hill of Uisneach Bealtaine Festival
- Athlone Castle
- Trim Castle
- Brú na Bóinne (Newgrange)
- Rathcroghan Archaeological Site
- Cliffs of Moher
- Loughcrew Cairns
- Dublin Hop-On Tour
Meals and Dining
6 Breakfasts (B), 1 Welcome Dinner (D)
Hotel for 6-Nights
Dublin (2 nights)
Mullingar (3 nights)
Galway (1 night)
Full Daily Breakfast (except day 1)
Welcome dinner and drink
All on-tour transportation to sites and scheduled events
Dublin airport transfers are included for guests booking airfare through us.
All local taxes
Duration: 8 days and 7 nights
Day 1 - Arrival in Dublin and Independent Sightseeing
Day 2 - Exploring The Land of 5000 Dawns
Day 3 - Connacht and Queen Medb
Day 4 - Trim and Beltane
Day 5 - Cliffs of Moher and Galway
Day 6 - Athlone and Dublin
Day 7 - Depart from Dublin
Join us on this authentic and intimate journey for a truly unique Ireland experience into Ireland's ancient past!
Why Book Your Tour of Ireland With Us?
- With us, you get to decide all details of your Ireland trip while we act as your guide who’s mission is to ensure you return home with loads of exciting memories and pictures to share.
- Flexible dates and duration from a day to multi-week excursions
- All group sizes are accommodated - from two people to large groups of 50+
- Your way is our way. Discover the regions and attractions you want to visit
- We provide you with an experienced guide and driver to support, advise and walk you through every step of your Ireland tour.
- Our services are more affordable than you would ordinarily expect judging from the quality and uniqueness of our offerings. Flexible pricing options from all-inclusive luxury to basic guide and transport only
- Although the warmth and friendliness of the Irish is enough to make you feel like a long lost relative who has finally come home, we’ll give you several more reasons to see the need to come back often and again.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Can’t wait to kick start your memorable Ireland trip? Well, we can't wait to help you plan your visit to Ireland! Ancient Ireland Tourism is not only dedicated to ensuring your visit is one for a lifetime of memories, we are also committed to making sure the entire process of arranging your Ireland vacation is a breeze. So why hesitate? Contact Us Today!