Experience Ireland's Hidden Heartlands
Marvel At Sites Older Than The Pyramids!
- Tour Details
Hill of Uisneach (seasonal) and Loughcrew Cairns; ancient monuments older than the pyramids. Other highlights include Mutlyfarnham Village, Mullingar Town, Athlone Castle and Sean's Bar, Kilbeggan Distillery, home of Ireland's oldest, still functioing single pot still, (Seasonal), Cliffs of Moher, Rock of Cashel, Trim Castle, Newgrange and Boyne Valley. Conclude in Dublin for the final evening.
Seven day, six night tour exploring the Irish Heartlands, home of many ancient, hidden treasures along with the Cliffs of Moher on the Wild Atlantic Way. The final day and evening concludes in Dublin with free time to explore the city. Experience the often overlooked mid-section of the country as well as some of the popular sites and the best Ireland has to offer! Depending on season, take the ferry to Inis Mór, largest of the Aran Islands for a step back in time to old Ireland, and see the Cliffs of Moher from the sea on the return journey.
There are plenty of other hidden treasures to discover on this departure, which your guide will reveal, along with many of the "must see" destinations found on many visitor's list.
This is a small-group departure limited to 12 persons for an intimate experience of the "real" Ireland as revealed by knowledgeable, local guides. The smaller group size affords opportunity to adjust the day's activities to suit the desires of any specific group. Besides scheduled departures, this tour can be customized for a group of four or more, (or more) making it a perfect option for a family vacation to Ireland. Also available as a self-guided itinerary. (Call or email for self-guided pricing.)
Please call or email to book if you would like to reserve a private departure for your group.
- Local Airport Transfers in Ireland.
- 24x7 support during your visit with us in Ireland
- Daily transport to scheduled attractions, hotel and scheduled meals
- Double occupancy hotel accommodations (single supplement available)
- Knowledgeable Guide as well as local guides at selected attractions
- Admission to all scheduled attractions
- Breakfast each day (except day of arrival)
- Snacks and beverages (water, soft drinks) during the day
Duration: 7 days and 6 nights
Day 1: Meet your guide at Dublin airport arrivals and travel to Mullingar where we visit the Hill of Uisneach, sacred center of Ireland. Check into hotel and join us for a welcome dinner at the award winning Weirs Bar and Restaurant in Multyfarnham with whisky sampling after dinner.
Day 2: After a hearty breakfast, we embark to the Rock of Cashel. After our tour of Cashel, we head to a tour and whiskey tasting at Kilbeggan Distillery and see the oldest, still working, single pot still in Ireland. Free time in Mullingar.
Day 3: The megalithic cairns at Loughcrew are what we call Newgrange without the crowds. Explore this ancient site where the sunrise illuminates the chambers on the equinoxes. Next we venture out to the Battle of The Boyne visitor center where we learn of the epic battle at the heart of Ireland's political divides to this day.
Day 4: Yesterday we explored Loughcrew, and today we see Newgrange, where the sunrise on winter solstice illuminates the deepest part of the chamber. Before heading back to our hotel and free time in Mullingar, we stop and tour Trim Castle, made famous from the movie "Braveheart."
Day 5: Explore the mythical Lough Gur, megalithic site and fabled home of the Fairy King. Nearby, we stop at th largest stone circle in Ireland before heading off to Galway to check into our hotel and explore the pub and music scene.
Day 6: No trip to Ireland is complete without taking in the views at the Cliffs of Moher. We stop in Kinvara on the way back to Dublin where the remainder of the day is free to explore the city.
Day 7: Transport to Dublin/Shannon Airport for journey home.
Ireland Beckons You To Experience Her Undiscovered Heartlands!
Why Book Your Tour of Ireland With Us?
- With us, you get to decide all details of your Ireland trip while we act as your guide who’s mission is to ensure you return home with loads of exciting memories and pictures to share.
- Flexible dates and duration from a day to multi-week excursions
- All group sizes are accommodated - from two people to large groups of 50+
- Your way is our way. Discover the regions and attractions you want to visit
- We provide you with an experienced guide and driver to support, advise and walk you through every step of your Ireland tour.
- Our services are more affordable than you would ordinarily expect judging from the quality and uniqueness of our offerings. Flexible pricing options from all-inclusive luxury to basic guide and transport only
- Although the warmth and friendliness of the Irish is enough to make you feel like a long lost relative who has finally come home, we’ll give you several more reasons to see the need to come back often and again.
- 100% satisfaction guarantee!
Can’t wait to kick start your memorable Ireland trip? Well, we can't wait to help you plan your visit to Ireland! Ancient Ireland Tourism is not only dedicated to ensuring your visit is one for a lifetime of memories, we are also committed to making sure the entire process of arranging your Ireland vacation is a breeze. So why hesitate? Contact Us Today!