Uncover Ireland's Hidden Gems: Culturally Curious Tours
Crave an Irish adventure beyond the tourist trail? Culturally Curious Tours unlocks the Emerald Isle's secrets, inviting you to experience its ancient soul and vibrant present in ways most travelers never do.
Our Mission: Dive deep into rarely explored corners of Ireland's Hidden Heartlands and Ancient South East. We'll visit remote, breathtaking landscapes, yet avoid isolation by connecting you with local communities and their rich stories.
This unique, small group tour has been curated by a remarkable and experienced guide and is an event you will not want to miss!
June 9 - 19, 2024 Only!
Travel Beyond the Obvious:
- Embrace the Untamed: Hike glacial valleys, gaze upon megalithic wonders, and wander through forgotten cloisters – Ireland's prehistory and natural beauty come alive.
- Step into History: From iconic castles and cathedrals to poignant battlefields and active military barracks, we weave a tapestry of Ireland's turbulent past.
- Dive into City Nuances: Dublin and Kilkenny become playgrounds for insightful experiences, delving into hidden gems and local haunts beyond the usual tourist traps.
- Rural Idylls and Urban Buzz: Balance the rustic charm of rolling hills and quaint villages with the energy of bustling markets and lively pubs.
Beyond the Guidebook:
- Accommodation with Soul: We curate unique stays, from charming cottages to restored historical buildings,each immersing you in the local character.
- Experiences, not Snapshots: Forget passive sightseeing. Engage in traditional crafts, savor authentic home-cooked meals, and connect with Ireland's passionate people.
Culturally Curious Tours is for you if:
- You seek authentic, immersive experiences away from the crowds.
- You thirst for historical depth and cultural insights.
- You crave stunning landscapes and untouched natural beauty.
- You desire genuine connections with the Irish people and their stories.
Ready to unveil a hidden Ireland? Start your adventure today!
Dublin - Immerse in History and Cultural Gems
- Trinity College Dublin: Stand within the hallowed halls of Trinity College, founded in 1592, and explore its iconic Long Room Library and Book of Kells, a masterpiece of medieval illumination.
- Dublin's Hidden Delights: Step back in time at Dublin's oldest gentleman's club, savor delectable pub fare, and master the art of pouring the perfect pint of Guinness – earning a certificate for your valiant effort! Uncover hidden treasures like Trinity's Elizabethan-era Parliament Square and the picturesque St. Stephen's Green park.
- Military Insights: Gain exclusive access to a working military barracks, sharing lunch with the troops and gaining a firsthand perspective on Irish military life.
Wicklow's Enchanting Landscapes and Hidden Manor
- Panoramic Wicklow: Escape the city's embrace with a scenic coach tour along rarely-traveled roads, revealing breathtaking panoramas of the "Garden of Ireland" - County Wicklow.
- Glendalough's Monastic City: Immerse yourself in the spiritual sanctuary of Glendalough, a 6th-century monastic settlement. Explore its ancient ruins, mystical valleys, and tranquil lakes.
- Hidden Gems of Wicklow: Journey through the Wicklow Gap, marvel at the majestic Blessington Lakes, and discover charming villages like Hollywood and Baltinglass. Finally, arrive at your secluded haven – Lisnavagh Manor House, a 19th-century gem nestled amidst 400 acres of pristine parkland.
- Lisnavagh Manor – Your Base for Exploration: Gateway to the wonders of the Ancient South East. Enjoy fine dining evenings, music and dance nights under the stars, and BBQs accompanied by traditional storytelling. Relax with croquet on the lawn, try your hand at medieval archery, or explore the vast estate, discovering hidden corners known only to locals.
Unveiling History and Heritage in the Ancient South East
- Waterford – Ireland's Oldest City: Delve into the rich tapestry of Waterford, Ireland's oldest city, boasting six museums within easy walking distance. Uncover Viking and medieval treasures, and delve into the city's maritime past.
- Wexford – Echoes of Rebellion and Knighthood: Discover Wexford, where the Normans first arrived in Ireland.Learn about the legendary William Marshall, explore the ruins of Tintern Abbey, and visit battlefields from the 1798 rebellion.
- Rock of Cashel and Cahir Castle: Witness the imposing Rock of Cashel, where ancient High Kings were crowned, and the formidable Cahir Castle, a testament to medieval might.
- Kilkenny – City of Many Faces: Explore Kilkenny, known as the "Marble City" for its limestone architecture.Discover its Viking roots, medieval merchant town, and vibrant cultural scene.
- Ancient Mysteries: Dedicate your final days to exploring ancient tumuli, prehistoric burial mounds shrouded in legend and mystery.
Dublin – A Farewell to the Emerald Isle
- All Hallows College: Spend your final night in Dublin at the historic All Hallows College, a former seminary transformed into a prestigious university campus.
Included With This Group Tour
- Lodging in Ireland during tour
- * Extra days can be accommodated in Dublin either before or after tour @ $200/night (Other cities available - prices may vary)
- Breakfast plus one meal (lunch/dinner/BBQ) daily
- Heritage card with access to 45 sites throughout Ireland
- All- Ireland LEAP pass for travel on bus, LUAS tram and suburban train
- Licensed and experienced local guides
- Trinity College Dublin
- Lisnavagh Manor House
- All Hallows College Dublin
Airfare, extra excursions, additional night stays and optional gratuities not included.
This tour is operated in cooperation with our partner and you will expect to join travelers from other operators, not solely Ancient Ireland Tourism.